Monday, June 05, 2006

BIG NEWS

The Friday before Memorial Day weekend I sent in my resume to a firm in KC, MO and 10 minutes later, I had an interview set up for that Tuesday after Memorial Day. All of that weekend, when most sane people were laying out at the pool, I was stuck indoors making a portfolio. I got it done and it didn't look too bad for having only worked on it for 3 days.

My interview lasted 2 1/2 hours which surprised me becuase I thought it had only been 1 hour. It went great. I was so pumped about that firm. I think they liked me and I liked them.

On Wednesday, they offered me the job! I will now work at Hoefer Wysocki Architects (HWA) located in Kansas City, MO on the Plaza. They just won Best Small Business in KC. Their projects include commercial, government, and healthcare. It's a great employment package so I'm excited to work there. My package included the salary I asked for and health insurance for just $20!!! They have a lot of employee get togethers, so hopefully I'll make friends. This is a great opportunity for me to be working in KC. I'll be closer to the stadium so I won't have to take off of work to get to practice on time. I don't know when I'm goign to start since I have not given my 2 weeks notice yet at BG.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my house yet. I haven't figured any of that out. I'll be commuting for a while but hopefully I can find some renters so I can get an apartment in KC. I'm not going to sell my house because I may want to come back to Lawrence after the Chiefs stuff is over.

I just thought I would let everyone know my big news :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Viamontes said...

Concrats! I'm glad to hear things are going well. Good luck!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

That's awesome! It looks like a really great place to work...they really think a lot of their employees. Congrats!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATS ALICIA, both taking career moves! Im so happy for ya, thanks for sharing :) xoxo

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home