Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Orchids

Every since accepting a housewarming present from my old roomate, Jess, I have been obsessed with Orchids. She got me a pink Orchid that now sits at the window in front of my kitchen sink. I am forced to look at it everyday due to the fact that kitchen sinks are a must in everyday life. The following picture was taken a few months ago when it only had a few blooms. I need to take a current picture of the 8 or so blooms it has now. It's just beautiful. I'll post a picture of it when I get the chance.














I'm trying to pin-point why exactly I fell in love with Orchids. I used to be in love with Birds of Paradise. That is yet another odd looking flower that compares in uniqueness to the Orchid. I think it's the delicacy of the petals and the intricate shapes, patterns, and colors one little bloom can make. There is a sophistication in the look of the Orchid. It makes me feel older, wiser, and more mature than liking Daisy's or Pansies. The Orchid is like no other.

I found this picture at Gettyimages when I was feeding my addiction of beautiful photography and Orchids...
















More Orchid pictures to come...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Viamontes said...

Your orchid is beautiful! I can't seem to keep anything alive, so I'm afraid to buy plants. Is yours easy to take care of??

8:26 PM  
Blogger bkroll said...

I like this entry Alicia. It really makes me want to go out and buy some orchids immediately. I have always loved the Lily. They are my favorite species of flower. One thing I enjoy about them so much is the many types of lilies there are. They all have there perfect characteristics and little differences. And they smell fantastic. I buy them on Sundays and my place smells perfect for the entire week.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I cannot believe it is still alive! Definitely post some new pictures. Hope all is well, let's talk soon.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks to jess, i am obsessed with orchids too...however, mine wasn't so fortunate. i miss it.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home