Tuesday, May 16, 2006

work

i figured this would be the best way to tell everyone what's been going on with me.

as everyone already knows, i'm not happy about where i am working. yesterday the boss and i had some parting words and i pretty much quit. probably not the best idea considering i don't have a job lined up and a hefty mortgage that still needs to be paid the second of every month.

after a long chat with my parents, they convinced me to go back to work, let things cool off, get my stuff together, finish up my projects, and then leave on a good note. so, i'm at work physcially, but mentally, i'm gone. i have yet to give my 2 weeks but i'm not sure they deserve the respect of a 2 weeks notice.

i'm on the hunt for a new job. it needs to happen fast because i can't stay here any longer. i'd rather work at mcdonalds than here. i've been making some phone calls trying to get something in line, and hopefully that won't take too long to get going. i fixed my resume yesterday while at work. my boss caught me fixing it but didn't say anything. i still need to make a portfolio which i hope to get to this weekend. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

i have a feeling one day i'm just not going to come back to work. i'm going to wake up in the morning and say 'hey, not today. i'm not going through this crap today.'

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job...but glad to hear you will are on the hunt for a new, better work environment! Will you look in KC or Lawrence?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I'm looking in KC. I've talked to Barrett about his job so I hope to interview there.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

work, augh! i say we just move to italy and work in a coffee shop!
so glad you're blogging!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

come to austin! bad jobs are like bad boyfriends, get out of them quick, but its the bad ones that make the good ones that much better! Happy birthday sweet thing, i lovea ya, come see me and jess soon :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger bkroll said...

YES! YES! YES!
Jackie just give me the word and I am on the next plane. I would totally work in cafe and live in Italy...now I just have to convince Abbey.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Believe me...I've thought about going to back to work at Santa Chiara very seriously. But I'm contracted here for the next year because of the Chiefs...who knows, when that's over, I may think more seriously about!!!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home