Thursday, June 22, 2006

Gardening

I've really appreciated my mother and her gardening until this last weekend.
I paid a handy man to take out 3,000 lbs of river rock from my flower beds. He did that a couple of weeks ago and this weekend I finally got around to making the leftover mud pit look semi decent. Westlake had 40% off all of their plants, so my mother and I went last Friday and bought $70 worth of plants. Sunday morning my mom came over for 3 hours and helped me plant them. It got too hot so she went on home after we planted them all. Last night after work, I decided I wanted to work in my garden rather than work out at the gym. I planted a few more plants, spread mulch around, and cleaned up a bit. I'm slowly getting satisfied with the way it's looking. It's still bare in some spots and one garden is still a mud pit but it'll eventually look good. I'm going shopping for more plants at lunch today. It's really weird but I have the bug for gardening. I'm turning into my mother.














































2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

it's looking good...but i still think your mom deserves some credit. her garden always looks beautiful!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

you're always welcome in oxford!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home